Friday, April 13, 2012 16:39

Feature & Follow (2)


Hosted by Parajunkee's view & Alison can read.

Q: What is one book that you would be nervous to see a movie adaption of because you think the movie could never live up to the book?

Markus Zusak - The book thief. That book is wonderful. The beautiful writing and the way his words flow, there is no way you can capture that in a movie. I think that the concept would not work out on screen. The feeling in the book is created by his hand and there's no way anyone could translate. But the story itself has certainly potential to be a movie. I think that people who haven't read the book will be fascinated by the movie, but it's one of my favorites, so I would be nervous.

Don't know which book I'm talking about? You can find my review over here: The book thief.

What is your answer this time? Let me know!

Mel.
author image

Mel@thedailyprophecy

Mel is a microbiology technician who is obsessed with Disney, fairytale retellings and fantasy. If she's not reading or blogging, she's either busy with gaming, hanging out with family or watching a TV show. She loves summer and bright nail polish. One of her dreams is to travel the world. She has found her Prince Charming and they are together for 7+ years.

25 comments:

  1. New follower!

    I agree, that one would be very difficult to film.
    http://carabosseslibrary.blogspot.com/2012/04/follow-friday_13.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hmmm. The Book Thief is wonderful. I'd be curious to see it as a movie.

    The Chaos Walking trilogy is what makes me most nervous.

    My follow friday! Please stop by

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It could become a fantastic movie, but I wonder how they can capture the wonderful feeling of the book.

      I'm going to take a look!

      Delete
  3. I've actually never read the Book Thief, but it sounds really great and I've been seing it a lot. I'll have to pick it up soon.

    Thanks for following my blog, I'm following back!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have seen a couple of people mention that book. I know it has a loyal following, so that's always hard. New follower :)

    My FF Post

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't think it's weird that there are so many followers of this book :D

      Thanks for the follow!

      Delete
  5. I still need to read the Book Thief. I've heard it's wonderful, though.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I haven't read the book although I've heard about it. And they're going to make a movie? Great! And yeah, I have a love-hate relationship with movies. I love them, obviously, because it's a chance of re-living the book. But I'm always worried whether it's true to the book or not... I've heard The Hunger Games is a great movie adaptation. Can't wait to watch it and see it for myself! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. As far as I know, there is no planning on making a movie about this book :p

      And The Hunger Games was a great movie! I liked it even more than the books.. (but I watched the movie first, so perhaps that's why)

      Delete
  7. Hmm, never heard of this book but I can see how it would be hard to turn into a movie. New Follower. Thanks for stopping by.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hopping through. I don't know how they could do The Book Thief justice. It's such a beautiful book.
    My Hop

    ReplyDelete
  9. I saw this one picked quite a bit this week and have now added it to my TBR. Everyone seems to love it so much, I gotta read it for myself.

    Thanks for stopping by and for following! Following you back :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You should definitely read this one. It's fantastic!

      Delete
  10. Thanks for stopping by my blog!

    I'm going to have to read the book thief, everyone seems to love it!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thanks for stopping by our blog! Old follower!

    Jamie@Addicted2Heroines

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thanks for visiting!! Have a great weekend! Old follower!!:)

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love The Book Thief! It would make an excellent movie, if done correctly. :)

    Sorry for my late reply! Thanks for hopping by!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and commenting! I really appreciate it and I will return the favor as soon as possible. Remember to return to see my reply! :)

Copyright © 2012 The Daily Prophecy
Template and Design by Hopeless Romantics
Toptal (Topal) / CC BY-SA 3.0