Wednesday, March 21, 2012 12:23

WoW 7. Anna Carey - Once.



"Waiting On" Wednesday is a weekly event, hosted here at Breaking the spine., that spotlights upcoming releases that we're eagerly anticipating.

This week's pre-publication "can't-wait-to-read" selection is:

Once (Eve, #2)Anna Carey - Once.
Pages: 320.
Expected publication: July 3rd 2012.
Publisher: Harper Collins.
ISBN: 0062048546 (ISBN13: 9780062048547.Serie: part two in 'Eve'
Sixteen years have passed since a deadly virus wiped out most of the Earth’s population. After learning of the terrifying part she and her classmates were fated to play in the rebuilding of New America, eighteen-year-old Eve fled to the wilds and Califia, a haven for women determined to live outside the oppressive rule of the king of New America. However, her freedom came at a price: she was forced to leave Caleb, the boy she loves, wounded and alone at the city gates. Eve quickly learns that Califia may not be as safe as it seems and soon finds herself in the City of Sand and the palace of the king. There she uncovers the real reason he was so intent on her capture, and the unbelievable role he intends her to fill. When she is finally reunited with Caleb, they will enact a plan as daring as it is dangerous. But will Eve once again risk everything—her freedom, her life—for love?
I really liked the first book 'Eve' and it ended with quite a cliff hanger. She left Caleb alone, while he was wounded, so she could flee to Califia. Before I read this summary, I didn't know if they would meet again (I expected it, but you never know.) Now, I really can't wait to find out what the real reason for her capture is. It sounds great to me.


So, what's your pick?


Mel.
author image

Mel@thedailyprophecy

Mel is a microbiology technician who is obsessed with Disney, fairytale retellings and fantasy. If she's not reading or blogging, she's either busy with gaming, hanging out with family or watching a TV show. She loves summer and bright nail polish. One of her dreams is to travel the world. She has found her Prince Charming and they are together for 7+ years.

30 comments:

  1. Eve is on my TBR list! I hope I will like it enough to read the sequel. :)

    Here's my WoW ♥
    Check my international giveaway!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have Eve here on audio, I guess I should start listening to it if it's so good you're featuring the sequel in your WoW ;) The cover reminds me a bit of the cover for Until I Die by Amy Plum. Might just be the choice of colors though.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hear a lot of people talking about audio. I never tried it. The fact that I can't read is holding me back, but perhaps, I should give it a try sometime.
      Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  3. I still need to read this series - I haven't had time to pick them up yet but I can't wait :)

    My WoW for this week.

    Happy reading!
    Vicky
    Books, Biscuits, and Tea

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Eve is really worth your time ^^ Have fun if you start reading it!

      Thanks for stopping by.

      Delete
  4. Great pick :D Eve is amazing. <3 And Once is just as good! :D:D Read is last month ;) So good. Think you'll love it :) But the cliffhanger in Once is worse than the one in Eve :p lol ;p
    Love, Carina

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ohhhh, I'm a bit jealous right now :p But this comment makes me wanna read it even more!

      Thanks for stopping by.

      Delete
  5. Ooo! I really enjoyed Eve and I'm really excited for this one too! Awesome pick :)

    Stop by my WoW

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! :) I'm going to take a look at your pick!

      Delete
  6. Oooh, I hadn't heard of this series. Sounds interesting. I'll have to check it out.
    Thanks for stopping by my blog!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great choice! I need to read Eve soon I have heard so many great things about it. Hopefully I can read it before Once comes out.

    Thanks for stopping by my post!
    Traci @ The Reading Geek

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope that you manage to read it on time! :) Thanks for stopping by.

      Delete
  8. I'm really looking forward to this one as well!! The cliffhanger was horribly awesome, and that's why I can't wait for the next one. Great pick!

    Thanks for visiting my WoW.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I've been wanting to read Eve. I love dystopians. The covers of both books are so pretty! Thanks for visiting My WOW!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If you love dystopians, this one should definitely be on your to-be-read-list!

      Delete
  10. I am about to start Eve. I am glad you have good things to say about the series. my wow http://jennreneeread.blogspot.com/2012/03/waiting-on-wednesday-8-black-heart-by.html

    ReplyDelete
  11. I haven't read Eve yet, but I do have it on my shelf! I've heard the sequel is way better than the first one. Fabulous pick, Mel!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, if this one is even better.. it must be fantastic!

      Delete
  12. I haven't read Eve yet, it's been on my list forever. I LOVE both of the covers for this series so far though! Great pick!
    Shellie @ Creative Reads

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh, this reminds me that I still need to finish Eve!! I had an ebook of it but it expired before I could finish it! I'm already looking forward to book 2, though! Excellent choice!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You should do that! It's worth a second try ^^

      Delete
  14. Aww I wanna read Eve SO bad! I need to get my hands on it ASAP! Great pick, I'm sure. :D Thanks for stopping by!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I still haven't read Eve. I have way too many books on my tbr! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I haven't read Eve yet but it's one I definitely want to read, I love the covers though!. Thanks fr stopping by :).

    ReplyDelete
  17. I could not put this book down. Regardless of the negative things I heard from some of my friends (or other reviews) I really, really, REALLY enjoyed this book. So much that I now need to go out and buy my own copy (only downside of borrowing books).

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and commenting! I really appreciate it and I will return the favor as soon as possible. Remember to return to see my reply! :)

Copyright © 2012 The Daily Prophecy
Template and Design by Hopeless Romantics
Subtle Patterns (Subtle Patterns) / CC BY-SA 3.0