Wednesday, March 07, 2012 12:19

WoW 5. Brian James - Life is but a dream.

"Waiting On" Wednesday is a weekly event, hosted here at Breaking the spine, that spotlights upcoming releases that we're eagerly anticipating.

This week's pre-publication "can't-wait-to-read" selection is:


Life Is But a DreamPages: 234.
Expected publication: March 27th 2012.
Publisher: Feiwel & Friends.                     
ISBN: 0312610041 (ISBN13: 9780312610043)
Sabrina, an artist, is diagnosed with schizophrenia, and her parents check her into the Wellness Center. There she meets Alec, who is convinced it's the world that's crazy, not the two of them. They are meant to be together; they are special. But when Alec starts to convince Sabrina that her treatment will wipe out everything that makes her creative, she worries that she'll lose hold of her dreams and herself. Should she listen to her doctor? Her decision may have fatal consequences.
The first time I found this book - traveling on Goodreads - I fell in love with the cover. The colors, the title and the sad emotions I feel when I look at the girl. Then, I read the summary and I only thought one thing: I NEED to read this book.


So, what's your pick this week?
author image

Mel@thedailyprophecy

Mel is a microbiology technician who is obsessed with Disney, fairytale retellings and fantasy. If she's not reading or blogging, she's either busy with gaming, hanging out with family or watching a TV show. She loves summer and bright nail polish. One of her dreams is to travel the world. She has found her Prince Charming and they are together for 7+ years.

15 comments:

  1. I had those same emotions when I first saw Life is But a Dream. I cannot wait to read it!
    Karen @ Books Beside My Bed

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely cover and I love the title for it, too! Life is But a Dream

    From the summary it looks really interesting and full of depth! Thanks for sharing :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I heard about this one and I'm eagerly waiting this one too. Like you wrote it, the cover is gorgeous and the blurb is just moving. Great pick!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That IS a gorgeous cover! It's quite simple, yet it's captivating in its simplicity *o* Nice pick this week, Mel!

    ~Vivian
    My WoW

    ReplyDelete
  5. I recently had this one on my Waiting on Wednesday. Such a great pick!
    Thanks for visiting my blog.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow this cover is gorgeous! Great pick and thanks for stopping by my blog :) I am your newest follower!

    - Brittany

    ReplyDelete
  7. I have this book but haven't read it yet! I'm not much on the chic lit so I put it off until the last minute, I'd rather be reading my PNR etc...

    I'll be reading it soon since I've finally organized all of my TBR ARC's into a google doc with pub. dates. I review all the books 1-2 weeks before publication date so it's fresher in peoples minds that way. I used to post my review as soon as I got them but found that it was always way before the publication date and people often forgot + a few publishers have asked me to wait.

    Looks like I need to start this one by the weekend!

    Great choice and I hope we both like it :o]

    ReplyDelete
  8. Man, this book sounds like it's going to be emotionally INTENSE! Great pick!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh I just got this one today and really look forward to it I just love that cover! Great pick!

    Giselle
    Xpresso Reads

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love the cover!! It's so pretty :)

    Thanks for stopping by!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I also love the cover. I'm very curious about this one. The story line sounds interesting and sad. Thanks for visiting My WOW!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thank you all for leaving a comment! And Kristi & Giselle, I'm a bit jealous now :p I hope you enjoy this book!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I can't wait to read this, I've had this on my tbr-pile for a while now :) This just sounds so beautiful :)

    Thanks for sharing, and thanks for stopping by!

    Monaliz @ Mind Reading?

    ReplyDelete
  14. This cover is so pretty! I am going to wait to see what reviews are like, so I will be looking out for yours. :) Thanks for stopping by my blog!

    Wendy @ The Midnight Garden

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and commenting! I really appreciate it and I will return the favor as soon as possible. Remember to return to see my reply! :)

Copyright © 2012 The Daily Prophecy
Template and Design by Hopeless Romantics
Toptal (Topal) / CC BY-SA 3.0